Patient Portal Sign-Up
The Patient Portal allows access to your medical record. Labs and other test results are available within seven days of your visit. If you do not see your test results within seven days, navigate to the My Chart tab, select Request Health Record and click the submit button to receive an updated medical record.
To receive a username and password for the patient portal, call our office at (301) 681-9101.
Why Sign up for Patient Portal?
Our patient portal allows you to conveniently:
- Ask non-urgent medical questions
- Request Appointments
- Request Medication refills
Log into NextMD by following these steps:
- Follow the link to NextMD: www.nextmd.com/Enroll
- Click the “I am New Here” button. Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Choose the radio button marked “I have a temporary username and password.”
- Enter the temporary User ID and Password found on this letter.
- When it prompts you for your favorite color, the answer is blue.
- Choose “Decide Later” on Statements. CWC patients receive paper statements even if they also receive an electronic version on the portal.
- Create new user credentials. Choose a Login Security Question from the list and provide your answer for this question. Since your extMD account contains confidential medical information that must be protected you will have to provide the answer to the Login Security Question whenever you log in.
- Set up NextMD’s secure password reset feature. NextMD will ask you to select a question and provide
an answer to it. If you forget your password, you will have to answer this question again to reset it
Patient Portal Login