In-Office Services and Procedures in Silver Spring, MD
Today there are a number of procedures safely performed in the comfort of our office, under local anesthesia. This may mean lower out-of-pocket costs for you. Your physician will recommend the best approach for you.
In-Office Lab Work
- First-trimester assessment of fetal heartbeat and dating
- 20-week anatomy ultrasound
- High-risk pregnancies including care for women with diabetes, advanced maternal age, hypertension, and twins
- Transvaginal and abdominal ultrasounds for all gynecologic conditions
- Hysterosonograms to assess uterine polyps, fibroids, and irregular bleeding
- Infertility- Femvue to evaluate tubal patency
Genetic Testing in Pregnancy
We offer carrier screening for inherited health conditions that can be passed on to a child such as cystic fibrosis, fragile X, and spinal muscular atrophy as well as Ashkenazi Jewish panel. We also offer Cell-Free DNA screening for downs syndrome, trisomy 13, and trisomy 18.
Even with the passage of time, many women still retain their youthful energy and enthusiasm, but post-menopausal changes can affect a woman’s quality of life in unexpected ways. MonaLisa Touch is a therapy that can help millions of women who suffer from post-menopausal changes in vaginal health such as vaginal atrophy and pain with intercourse.
The specialists at Capital Women’s Care are highly trained in diagnosing and treating the main causes of infertility.
- Failure to release an egg-anovulation
- A decrease in ovarian reserve
Fallopian Tube Blockage
- In-office Femvue procedure to assess tubal patency
Male Factor Issues
- Refer to fertility center to perform a semen analysis to assess sperm count and function
- Ovulation Induction with medications such as Clomid and Letrozole to assist with the ovulation process
- Laparoscopic surgery to treat conditions such as fallopian tube disease and endometriosis